Teachers and staff are recruited and selected with great care. They are qualified and experienced in their field of expertise. FASRI's goal is to seek out individuals who are eager to teach, happy to work as a team, devoted to students and personally involved with school life and spirit. Teachers must be native speakers of the language they teach, and FLE and ESL qualifications are preferred.
FASRI is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or physical or mental disabilities which do not prevent performance of essential job tasks.
Current openings are listed below.
The French American School is seeking a full time Business Manager starting in July 2016. Working closely with the Head of School and the Asset Committee on the Board of Trustees, the Business Manager is responsible for developing sound fiscal policies and best practices to ensure the ongoing financial stability of our institution. This role is a vital part of the French American School’s mission because it ensures that teachers have the resources they need be effective in the classroom, our professional workplace is able to attract excellent support staff and educators, and that our students have a safe, clean, and warm place in which to learn. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to hone in on short-term financial tasks while still keeping the long-term strategy in mind. The primary roles of the position includes managing all accounting and finances; budgeting and planning; human resources; enrollment, tuition, and financial aid; risk management and insurance; and physical plant supervision. Advanced degree and a strong appreciation of cultural diversity preferred. Knowledge of French or other second language a plus.
Accounting and finances:
- Book keeping: maintenance of all disbursements, receipts, deposits, Journal Entries
- State and Federal Filings with CPA
- Securing of annual audit or review with external accountant and Board Treasurer
- Maintenance of appropriate internal controls (verification)
- Accounting and reporting of restricted gifts and grants
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and analysis
- Financial Record Retention
- Maintain working relationship with school’s bankers, brokers, contractors and vendors. Oversee all financial investments.
- Oversee all school purchasing
- Negotiate contracts with vendors, suppliers and contractors.
- Maintenance and collection of all receivables.
Budgeting and planning:
- Lead preparation of annual budget and financial plan with Head of School and Asset Committee
- Participate in strategic planning
- Supply monthly actual/budget variance reporting to Head of School and Board of Trustees
- Work with Head of School, Board of Trustees and Asset Committee to establish financial strategies most beneficial to the long term sustainability of the school.
- Process staff payroll with outside service provider (Paychex).
- Process new employees
- Serve as administrator of employee benefit plans, including working with insurance agencies, vendors and brokers
- Administer teacher visa process and other requirements with Head of School
- Prepare teaching contracts and staff salary commitments with Head of School
- Assist the Head of School with decisions regarding staffing and compensation, including salary and benefit administration for all personnel
- Assist the Head of School as requested with the evaluation of administrative and or support staff.
- Review the admission process (including implementation of a specific database), with the Director of Advancement and Director of Admissionsand administer enrollment contracts.
- Administer scholarship and financial aid process with Head of School and Director of Admission, lead the financial aid committee.
- Provide enrollment reporting as required.
- Manage and supervise tuition billing and collections.
Risk management and insurance:
- Manage risk at the School
- Ensure the safety of all personnel and students in their use of the facility
- Maintain appropriate levels of insurance to cover the property and to cover the liability of the school
- Oversee all inspections and compliance requirements
Physical plant supervision:
- Supervise and control all cleaning and janitorial issues.
- Supervise minor maintenance and repairs
- Supervise planning and execution of renovation projects
- Report all major deficiencies and needs for repairs to the HOS
- Monitor and supervise all needed inspections and routine services
- Cooperate with inspectors for local routine inspections
- Obtain estimates and quotes for work to be performed in compliance with accounting practice; recommend action to Head of School
- Administer lease and tenant issues
- Supports HOS with financial analysis as required
- Work with school’s attorney on miscellaneous legal issues that arise, including collection work, employment law, corporate filings and school insurance
- Serve on School’s Asset Committee and Advancement Committee as required
- Represent school in ISARI Business Managers meetings
- Attend Board Meetings and some staff meetings and school functions as required
- Development responsibilities to provide advice/analysis during planning of Annual Fund Campaign or other fund raising events
- Represent the school at various regional, state, or national associations relative to the role of business manager (Annual Meeting of Association French Schools in North America).
- Oversee school transportation, including transportation routes, schedules and contracts and assess the performance of the transportation companies.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of the support staff in the absence of the Head of School.
- Support the School and its leadership.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
L’Ecole Franco-Americaine du Rhode Island est située dans Providence la capitale de l’état de Rhode Island. Elle est en expansion et compte à ce jour 200 élèves de la Petite Section à la 4e L’établissement est homologué par le Ministère de l’Éducation Nationale et affilié à la Mission Laïque Française. Programme bilingue innovant et projet d’établissement centré sur le bilinguisme, un Espace Numérique de Travail et les activités physiques. Nous recherchons des enseignants pour la rentrée 2016. Titulaires de l’Éducation Nationale et / ou titulaires d’une maîtrise en FLE avec un minimum de trois années d’expérience réussies. Une expérience à l’étranger et un anglais courant sont un atout.
Les candidats enverront leur CV et leur lettre de présentation à Jean-Yves Carpanèse à l’adresse email@example.com en indiquant recrutement professeurs dans le titre. Veuillez consulter notre onglet qui vous donnera des renseignements plus précis.
Extracurricular staff and club instructors
The French-American School of Rhode Island is now recruiting extracurricular staff & club instructors. Ideal candidates will be fluent in French, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and creative. All applicants should have previous experience working with school-aged children. Please send a cover letter, CV, and two references to Kate Gorton, Director of Extracurricular Programs: firstname.lastname@example.org.
L’Ecole Franco-Américaine du Rhode Island recrute des animateurs pour son département de programmes périscolaires. La préférence sera donnée à des candidats dynamiques et créatifs, qui parlent français couramment et qui ont une expérience pertinente avec des enfants. Veuillez faire parvenir une lettre de motivation, un CV récent, et les coordonnées de deux personnes de référence à Kate Gorton, Directrice des Programmes Périscolaires : email@example.com.